Monday, April 28, 2008

Superfuture Sunglasses



Okay, I know that everyone has already jumped on the wayfarer bandwagon and off. But, sometimes it takes me a while to warm up to American Apparel-esqe trends which explains why I've only begun to search hard for unique frames online.

I discovered Superfuture shades and loved all the wonderful colors available for purchase. A collaboration between Pig Magazine's Sean Beolchini and the Beckerman Brothers, they took the classic style and produced them in the neatest colors. Yes, they are a little spendy, but because they are made from the highest quality manufacturer in Italy and with the Zeiss lens. They range anywhere from 65-113 euros (not including shipping, which is also ridiculously expensive). So, for someone like me living in the lower 48's I'm looking at dropping anywhere from $140.00-$180.00 on a pair (shipping included) depending on the style. Here are a few that I'm considering:

Classic Flat Top in Creme/Black

Ombre-esque Flat Top


Classic Flat Top Striped
(Saw Nicole Richie wear a similar pair ages ago and had been on the hunt for them ever since)

What makes Superfuture stand out from the rest for me is that the frames are oversized. What I run into pretty consistently with wayfarers is that the classic cut is too small for my round-ish face. So! For anyone with the same problem I'd suggest you check them out. Here are a list of places selling them now, see all the beautiful colors they come in:

2 comments:

jvandub said...

Those middle ones, the Ombre-esque Flat Top are saweet!

Anonymous said...

Do you think white/black would be just as nice?

About Me

My photo
Portland, OR
Keeping my readers classy one post at a time.

Blog Archive