Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pelican Avenue


I discovered Pelican Avenue while perusing a local shop's website, Stand Up Comedy. I was enamored with this suit and had to find out more. Pelican Avenue was created in 2004 by Carolin Lerch, a graduate student from Antwerp Academy of Fashion. Her mission is to create clothes that reflect personal ideas and concepts. Breaking away from the physical molds and barriers of fashion vogue and hype, her pieces challenge conventional threads.

Each idea is like a collection in itself. Her reflections are conveyed through installations, video, performance, or photography and then accompanied by her clothing creations. Here are some pieces that I really enjoy:




Pelican Avenue only makes a few of every piece so it's fairly exclusive. Luckily, there's a shop in my city that carries the label (I believe there were only 10 of that particular bathing suit in existence and is now sold out at said shop). So! If you want to get your dirty little paws on some of this then head out to Stand Up Comedy!

Stand Up Comedy is located at 811 E Burnside Portland, OR 97214
Visit! It's awesome.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Portland, OR
Keeping my readers classy one post at a time.

Blog Archive