Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rodebjer


I discovered Rodebjer while shopping at Una a few months back and remember almost creaming my pants because it was so good. Rodebjer was founded by Carin Rodebjer back in 2003. A Swedish native, she studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York and was caught sight of and recognized when wearing her pieces on the streets. Today her collections are available all around the world-- from Finland to Singapore.

What I love about Rodebjer are her choices in textured fabrics, color, and silhouettes. Her label showcases glamour and wickedness; a collection may consist of pieces that possess polar opposite qualities but can be paired well together. I really appreciate Rodebjer's diversity in design and her ability to maintain a common mood throughout. The sophistication of her garments remind me of a mix between Balenciaga and Jil Sander, so it's great that her unique and cutting edge pieces of this high a caliber is accessible to the average shopper.

Here are a couple pieces from her Spring '08 collection that I'm lovin':




Rodbjer can be found at Una.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Portland, OR
Keeping my readers classy one post at a time.

Blog Archive