Monday, January 12, 2009

Reading for Leisure





That's what I've been sort of up to. I always fantasize about reading for leisure and now due to more than just one unforeseen changes in my life they have rendered me much free time. So I've decided to make these fanciful notions reality. 

"Lapham's Quarterly sets the story of the past in the frame of the present. Four times a year the editors seize upon the most urgent question then current in the headlines - foreign war, financial panic, separation of church and state - and find answers to that question from authors whose writings have passed the test of time. The method assumes that profound observations of the human character and predicament don't become obsolete."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always like this kind of post the best. Cat glasses are okay, I guess, but interest in a publication in which the assumption is made "that profound observations of the human character and predicament don't become obsolete" is really quite interesting.

-An unforeseen change

About Me

My photo
Portland, OR
Keeping my readers classy one post at a time.

Blog Archive